Sunday, November 30, 2008

I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart.

This Thanksgiving, as I reflect on the year, I am and continue to be, in no particular order, thankful for:
  • God's enduring grace, unfailing love, and utter lack of dependence;
  • Parents who would do anything because they love me;
  • Customers who are patient and kind, despite tough times;
  • Sunshine, rain, and nostalgia for snow;
  • Starbucks -- the company, all its people, and my store;
  • Doing things I've only ever talked about;
  • Growth -- in my definition of success, my confidence, and my understanding of myself;
  • Forgetting the date of what would have been six years;
  • The kittens who give me love, entertainment, and frustration every day;
  • And being at a place in life where I don't have anything I need to say to anyone. Except, "thank you."
And, always, much more.

1 comment:

merrilykaroly said...

Customers who are patient and kind always make a difference; actually, people in general who go a little out of the way to understand are what makes the world livable!

I'm grateful to have YOU as a friend! I'll be seeing you very soon....!