Monday, November 17, 2008

Make them wonder what you've got.



Do you notice the difference a smile makes? Dour faces light up with any grin. On my way out of Wal-mart yesterday afternoon, I passed an especially unpleasant-looking "greeter," posted at the exit. I thought twice but flashed a toothy smile and said, "Have a great day." The change was immediate and impressive, like a lightbulb flicked on with the recognition. She grinned, returned the salutation, and stood a little. As I walked across the parking lot, I took a moment to learn the lesson -- we never know another's situation but judge them every moment based on our own expectation. God has another idea about how we should treat each other. We should notice each other. We should love on each other. And a smile, that fits into His plan. It will brighten your day and someone else's.

But if push comes to shove, and you need an instant pick-me-up, watch this
(Kudos to Jake for spreading the hilarity):

Trust me, you want to watch this video!

2 comments:

merrilykaroly said...

That was a very silly video, Eriquita. :)

I agree that a smile can make such a difference!!

Andrea said...

I was just about crying when I watched that on SNL!