Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Struck down but not destroyed.

To start with, this is my favorite comic of all time:
(If it's too small, click on it and a bigger one will appear.)



Hee!

It's been a long week. Not bad, just long. And not much to report because most people are too busy to hang out (understandably).

So What Had Happened Was ...
  1. My store hit a very big goal at the end of last week, and we're destined for more greatness before Christmas.
  2. Almost all of my Christmas shopping is done.
  3. My sister is engaged.
  4. I had coffee with Kendra.
  5. Running in the cold is still cold.
  6. I don't get to go snowboarding after all. :(
Uneventful. Really, I guess I'm just tired and little blue. There's something on my mind, but I'm not ready to talk about it the way I want to. So, to cheer up, another list.

What Makes Me Happy:
  1. Giada can jump so high. It's amazing. Really, it doesn't make me that happy because it means she gets into more stuff, but it's fun to watch.
  2. Feeling the true meanings of Christmas carols.
    Hail the heaven-born Prince of Peace!
    Hail the Sun of Righteousness!
    Light and life to all He brings,
    Risen with healing in His wings.
  3. Talking. Being friends.
  4. Fog. I know it's dangerous, but it makes me feel like I'm home.
  5. Cinnamon-scented candles.
  6. Mint tea.
  7. Houses decorated with Christmas lights.
What makes you happy?

By the way, I think I want to do something with my hair. Lighter, darker, what do you think?

6 comments:

merrilykaroly said...

First of all, I think your sister being engaged is definitely eventful!! :) Congrats to her!

You know, it's true that the only real times I've experienced fog have been back home. Scared me to death driving home last Christmas, but you're right, it's home.

I love cinnamon-scented candles. Love them. Makes it feel like Christmas.

I love houses decorated with Christmas lights, too. The old-fashioned big ones with the traditional colors.

What makes me happy is being with the people I love and remembering that Person Who has given me everything I have.

I think it would be fun if you went darker...even put some dark red in your hair!

Sorry, that was a long response :) Love you!

Erica said...

What makes me happy is being with the people I love and remembering that Person Who has given me everything I have.

Me, too. Thank you, I needed the reminder.

Darker seems to be the consensus. I had reddish hair once, and I hated it -- I'm not a redhead! But maybe things would be different the second time around ....

Anonymous said...

I agree with the darker. Not as dark as mine, but somewhere inbetween.

Mmmm I can't wait to be home for Christmas. And I can't wait to have WARM weather to run in. Seriously, 50 degrees is perfect running weather. Especially compared to trying to run in 20 degrees with ice and black ice (the ice you can't see but is just as viciously slippery).

Anyway, 11 days until I get home! I am soooo excited to be home with you guys again! 4 months is a really long time. Bearable, but long.

btw, I'm writing a 12 page paper right now, and I'm only on page 3. Reading/responding to your blog was a nice break. I'm hoping my caffeine will kick in soon so I can start cranking out some pages.

Love you!

Erica said...

Love you, too! Good luck with the paper. If you need a faraway proofreader, call me. I miss that sorta thing.

Maybe you can dye it for me. MAYBE. I remember what happened the last time. :)

Also, COME HOME NOW.

merrilykaroly said...

Okay, maybe not red then. Maybe just a chocolate brown. Pretty with your eyes!

Anonymous said...

love the carton. DON'T change your hair- it's gorgeous as it is!