Saturday, December 29, 2007

Picture happy jack.

Merry Christmas! It takes effort to add the exclamation point because: a) it was a quiet Christmas, which I enjoyed; and b) I'm so glad the holidays are over at work. But I do hope everyone had a wonderful time of giving, visiting, receiving, and making merriment. Us Cochrans did, in our own special way. Take a look ....

Mom telling a story, and Travis and Aunt Chuckie with gifts:


Mom and Dad never found time to put up the Christmas tree, and Travis was too sick, so we ended up with a tiny tree. As Abbey put it, all the better to emphasis the real meaning of Christmas. And Giada loved her first Christmas, what with all the ribbon and wrapping.


Dad checking out his model '57 Chevy:


Boggle Showdown with Abbey. She beat me every time. :(


But we were pretty even at Kings in the Corner. And really, who cares about winning when there's Mom's rocky road at every turn.


Other:
  • Unresolved issues have been resolved, in unexpected, relieving, saddening, and necessary ways.
  • Snowboarding with Julio tomorrow -- pray I don't break my legs!
  • I cracked my head getting in my car this afternoon. It hurt like a mother, and I have a little goosebump, but at least there's no bruise.
  • The apartment in Cleveland has finally been leased! No more paying for one and a half apartment rents every month, yay. Really, it was only two months, but it was over $600 for set of vacant rooms. Painful. But no more -- thank you, Jesus!
2008 is almost guaranteed to be a better year than 2007, because 2007 was one of the worst years of my life. However, it was a year of learning and growth that I wouldn't trade for the world. It's a year that's made me who I am, and I like who I am. I hope that 2008 brings new friends, "old" friends, success at work, and adventure. (Which means call me, all the time. I'm up for anything :) Thank you for sharing this journey with me thusfar; it's only just begun.

Health, peace, and the pursuit of happiness to each and every one of you in the coming new year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that your Christmas went great! Give me a call and we can set up a time to get together. Talk to you soon. Have a safe and fun time skiing!!!!

Rebecca A.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Good luck on snowboarding, but just so you know you have to go at least three times before you can give up!

-Ross