Friday, January 18, 2008

Play that funky music, white girl.

Hello, hello. Yet another Friday update. It's been an uneventful week. I've been feeling under the weather and in a bit of a funk, for reasons known and unknown. Hoping to pull myself out of the muck over the weekend.

Sunday, I attended church at The Well Community Church and enjoyed it immensely. The praise band is really good; the "pastor," Brad, and his wife spoke about relationships. It was a great lesson for me to hear, articulated problems in my former relationship and qualities I want in my next relationship. This Sunday, I hope to sign up for a Life Group (small group meetings) as well as a class that introduces the church, its beliefs, and its programs.

Tuesday was my first district meeting since my return to California. Good to see and meet managers. We're a big group (15 -- Autumn is a saint); it makes for that much more interesting discussion. I got to share my favorite coffee pairing, Gold Coast and cheesecake (though I substituted cream cheese pastries from La Boulangerie because it was 9a).

Wednesday after work, I come home and spent almost the rest of the day on the couch -- really didn't feel well. Slept for 14 hours (unmedicated) that night, and I needed every minute of it. Thursday morning, I felt refreshed, but the feeling hasn't lasted long. Work felt like it took forever again today, and I'm going to bed within the hour. See, can you feel the funk? I need prayer -- that God will lift my spirits and refresh my soul.

Things to Be Considered Energizing:
  • Giada might be getting a little sister in the next week.
  • Get to spend a chunk of time with Autumn on Monday.
  • Have been invited a social at the home of Brad and Jen (directional leaders of The Well) on Jan 28.
  • Going to cancel my cable TV. It's a waste of time and money.
  • In two weeks, I have two days off in a row. YAY.
That's all, for now.

No comments: