Wednesday, January 2, 2008

So this is the new year.

Hello, hello. Happy 2008! Is anyone else as completely relieved as I am that 2007 is over and done with?

Things didn't quite turn out as expected after last week's blog. At 330a on Saturday morning, I received a call from my district manager, asking me to meet her at the store because something was wrong with the door. When we arrived, the door was just fine. But one of the large front windows was gone. Completely shattered. We were able to enter the store ...

(Giada is throwing her feathered stick toy around the living room. It's one of the most adorable things I've ever seen.)

... Anyway, we entered the store, and thank goodness, everything was fine inside -- nothing else broken, nothing missing. Fresno PD arrived after a while to file a report and said that they'd had a rash of business windows shot out along Shaw Avenue over the prior week and a half. Greeeat. Now there's a huge piece of plywood boarding up the window and adding some ghetto flavah to our patio. The glass company should be replacing both panes (the top pane has a bullet hole in the corner -- it was too tough for the BB gun) by this weekend.

But the whole experience meant that I wasn't home and back in bed until almost 730a. Which meant that snowboarding was a no-go. I was already exhausted and couldn't imagine willingly hurtling myself down a hill without all of my faculties about me. There's a possibility that we might go tomorrow, but if not, I plan to haul myself up to Sierra Summit one of these days for a lesson or two. (Anyone interested in joining me?)

Saturday turned into a beautiful day for making a store visit (I hadn't seen the window boarded-up yet), shopping, and visiting the library (reading more books is a Goal for 2008). Sunday, I spent most of the morning on the couch and couldn't bring myself to go to church. It had been an emotional weekend, and I still had to go to work. Work was fine.

Monday was a nice day at work. Monday evening, Abbey (my sister) and two of her friends, Jessica and Emily, spent the night to celebrate New Year's Eve. I'm an old fart and hit the hay at 1130p; I opened the next day and making it all the way to midnight was a death sentence for Tuesday morning. It was nice having the girls here, like having roommates again. Generally, I am fine living alone, but sometimes it would be nice to have someone in the other room. Someone to laugh with, someone to yell at the TV with. Living with a boy before I was married wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done but, heck, do I miss having a best friend around all the time.

New Year's Day, work was one of the slowest days I've ever had at Starbucks. We didn't waste any time -- I finished a to do list, and we cleaned like crazy. After work, I came home for a couple of hours, went out to Office Max to by new Covey planning pages for Dustin and myself (woo!), and dropped them by the store. Worked again today then had an early dinner with Becca (let's do it again soon!) and now I'm home with the whole night ahead of me. Granted, it's 8p so by the time I do some laundry and finish The Devil Wears Prada, I'll be amply ready for bed; I just love a relaxing end to a great day. Especially when the next day is a day off.

Looking forward to:
  • New Starbucks promotion! (Lots of cute new mugs. If you see anything you can't live without, remember to go to the Starbucks at First and Shaw. :)
  • Abbey's fiance, Matt, flies into LA on Friday, and I'm spending the weekend at home to be with the family. Looking forward to seeing him for the first time since they were engaged. (I have to be sure that someday he helps my future husband pop the question because his was one of those delightfully perfect proposals.)
  • I'm going to be the Maid of Honor in Abbey's wedding!
  • Setting up my planner with the new pages. I'm a sucker for calendaring and organization.
Until next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.