Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Same in the afternoon.

I'm tired. Good, but tired. Tired of life. And I need prayer. Prayer for God to lift me out of this inertia and understand why I'm so tired. Is it the weather? Is it work? Is it my soul? Is it ....?

My birthday is next Thursday, and I don't want to feel this way before my birthday. So I choose not to. We've acknowledged the tiredness; now we'll move on because attempts to understand have thusfar proven futile. Because my birthday is going to rock. Thursday, I have to work, but it should be a good day spend with Autumn in the morning and sexual harassment training in the afternoon (you know how I like to get cheeky with the boys). Friday morning, I'm going to Lodi to skydive! I'm more excited than you can possibly know. And no "Erica, you could die" comments because I know all that, and they're starting to frighten me a little, but I want to be nothing but excited. Sure, I could die. But I could die tomorrow or Saturday or on the way there. And I'd rather die doing something I've always want to do.

Friday evening, assuming all goes well, will hopefully be a Starbucks reunion dinner of sorts. Now where to eat -- Casa Corona? Old Spaghetti Factory? BJ's? Other? I'm looking forward to the company more than the food anyway.

In the meantime, I want to go to Portland. If I'm honest with myself, the funds just aren't there, with the saving for skydiving and the conference in New Orleans in October and the New York trip next year. But something is saying Portland. Maybe it's longing for something green. And no smog. Regardless, what do you all know of Portland?

Speaking of Portland and other things, I finished Don Miller's Through Painted Deserts and Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat Love Pray last week. I highly recommend each to anyone seeking a thoughtful, insightful, entertaining read.

And that's all for now. The next time you hear from me, I'll hopefully have pictures of myself that look like this:


Ciao.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have so much fun on Friday! Everyone I know who has gone skydiving has loved it, and no one has died. I think you have a better chance of getting hit by a car crossing the street, honestly, so just enjoy it. And definitely post your pictures on here!

merrilykaroly said...

it's not the dying part that scares me about skydiving, it's the diving part! free falling just sounds like it would feel freaky. I'm excited to hear how you like it!!

happy early birthday!!!! I hope it's a good one.

Anonymous said...

wow-you're crazy! scott wants to go but i would never! have fun though! can't wait to see pics! miss ya!