Wednesday, November 9, 2011

What's going on, Pt 1: Working hard for the money.

Man, oh man, who can believe that October has come and gone already?  Have I mentioned that life in NYC moves at warp speed?

So what have I been up to?  Working and cooking and going out and staying in ... wanna see?  We'll make this easier and divide the posts.

Work: My second store in Brooklyn was 50 Court St.  I worked there for three and a half weeks.  Don't worry -- pics of MY store will come soon!

Court St in downtown Brooklyn.  I worked with the current manager, Tasha, who is also from California (Bay Area, Aunt Chuckie!).  This store is the busiest I've ever worked in, but I learned a lot and had a really good time getting to know the partners who work there.

                                
                                       The store was literally next to a subway entrance for my train home -- handy!

                                                    
The store is across the street from the Brooklyn court system.

   
Inside the store -- ten people in queue, and that's considered a short line.  Like I said, it's busy.


View from the steps of the Municipal Building. On nice days, I would eat lunch here.

My favorite graffiti at the train station near my apartment.  "Beso" means "kiss" in Spanish, and this makes me smile every time I pass it.



No comments: