Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Color me blind.

Hello, everyone. Hope you're all doing well.

Life has been emotional and wonderful in the past week. Some personal things happened that have released me from any hold Cleveland might have had on me. It's liberating to have no bonds left holding me back from being ready to leave. My time in Cleveland was short, sometimes sweet, sometimes not, and very educational. I've learned more about myself in the past two months than ever before in my life. I've learned to love myself. And I'm excited for this new chapter -- working at Starbucks in Fresno again, being part of a church family, reconnecting with friends, meeting new people, having lots of adventures. And sharing them with all of you.

Okay, enough of the mushy stuff! Work thusfar this week has been a lot of fun. I'm going to miss my coworkers more than I could have imagined. They are wonderful people who have supported me through the sudden jump to manager as well as through the personal trials.

The leaves are finally changing colors. Trees are on fire in my backyard, and it's amazing. I was afraid that a late fall would mean no neon foliage for me, but I'm still glad to be leaving more. Just say no to living in snow!

The timer for my laundry just went off so I need to run downstairs. This time next week, I'll be cleaning. This time in two weeks, I'll be driving somewhere around Texas. This time in three weeks, I'll be able to do laundry in my own apartment in the state I love the most. Goodnight!

Beautiful fall colors from last year:

2 comments:

merrilykaroly said...

Erica, I'm jealous!! I want to go back to California as soooon as possible! I, too, miss the winter weather and the not-white Christmases. Josh is from Sacramento, so hopefully we'll end up in California sooner rather than later!! I think we might be driving to Oklahoma for Christmas this year (to see his family) so I don't know if I'll even get to come home :( Say hello to CA for me!! I love you! Adele

Erica said...

Adele, it's wonderful to hear from you! Hopefully you and Josh will make it back to California again; it's only the best state in the nation. :) Good luck if you drive to Oklahoma -- be very careful. But if not, maybe I'll see you, love you, too.!