Sunday, October 28, 2007

Homeward bound.

It's early for a new post, but my cable will be turned off on Tuesday, and I won't have much free time before then.

Dad is on his way, should be somewhere around Toledo right now. We're going to Tommy's for dinner (I think anyone who visits Cleveland should experience Tommy's at least once), and I'll enjoy my favorite TLT one more time.

Yesterday was my last day at work. We had a store meeting, and those crazy kids surprised me with a card, a cake, and lots of hugs. Threw not crying right out the window! Last night, I went to dinner with a couple of my partners and a friends. Steak from Outback, mmm. Plus, my first ever alcoholic beverage. Now that that's under my belt, I'm not such a freak. :)

The message in church this morning was something I needed to hear. Stephanie spoke about what love looks like, based on 2 Samuel 12:11-24. For a lot of us, the definition of love is getting what we want. If God really loved me, He would give me what I want. Or wouldn't do that. But we cannot decide the attributes of God based on the state of the world or on what we can fathom about Him. Instead, God is love. He loves in spite of. He loves over all. He enacts consequence, and He loves. I think I find the "and" the most significant but the most difficult part to understand. Love isn't getting what you want; it is getting what God wants, understood or not.

I have more laundry to finish, and need to pack clothes for the trip, and have trash to take care of. But for a moment, sitting here, thinking "aloud" to friends, and enjoying the view of a breathtakingly blue sky takes precedence. I think I will try to plan an International Eastern Tour of Awesomeness for next summer. Two weeks, if possible, of a trip split between Toronto (to see Emily and Dan), New York City (to see Ginger), and Cleveland (to see various peeps). The Cleveland stop will be optional, but it would be a shame to be so close and not take the chance to visit Erin, and work people, and my church family. This is usually the sort of thing I say will depend on finances, but finances shminances. There will never be enough money for everything I want to do; that's no reason to stop! Exciting to have travel plans!

To promote interaction, maybe I'll start asking a question at the end of blogs. So, this week: What are you reading, and why? What do you think of it? All answers appreciated! Remember, you don't have to have an account; just sign your name like an email. :)

And that's that. Barring any complications, the next time you hear from me, I'll be living in the 559. Feel free to call and say hello as we make our way to California (email me if you need my number), and please pray for safe travels! Cheerio.

Goodbye, Cleveland.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are such an amazing young woman-I am sooo proud to be your aunt. Have a safe journey!