Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I feel like walking the world.

Ack, people, only one more week in Cleveland! I can't believe the past nine weeks have passed by so quickly. I guess time flies when you're growing like the proverbial weed, even on the inside.

Last week, work was a lot of fun. This week, it's slightly crazier -- making sure the store is ready to lose its "manager," saying goodbye to partners and customers, and getting my Starbucks fix before two weeks of vacation. Not that it will be much of a vacation. Driving across the country in three days with a kitty in the car isn't my ideal road trip -- wish us luck!

Tonight, I went to dinner with Erin at Yours Truly and had the yummiest Hawaiian omelet. Eggs, ham, pineapple, and swiss cheese -- I really need to learn to cook more food. That's another goal for the next year: Learn to cook lots of new foods. I can handle pasta and frittata and anything baking-wise, but I don't have much practice beyond that. To achieve this goal, I would like to cook a meal for myself at least three times a week and hold some sort of dinner gathering at least once a quarter (every three months; every month might be lofty). I want to find the joy in cooking; right now, it's a more of a chore than a pleasure. Feel free to share any fabulous recipes!

The leaves are finally changing colors! There was a beautiful fiery orange tree across the street from church of Sunday, and it brightened my heart. It rained all day yesterday, but today the sky was blue-gray with clouds that moved like the ocean. When Erin and I left Yours Truly, the pink sunset was peeking through steely clouds. I will miss sights like that.

What I will miss about Ohio:
  • Skies that are always beautiful and never smoggy.
  • Greenery in July.
  • Brick.
  • Clouds that fly through the sky. I've never seen clouds move so quickly.
  • First Baptist Church of Cleveland.
But still so ready to come home.

And almost everything is ready for me to leave. The last piece of the puzzle is someone to sublet the apartment. There was someone lined up until he mysteriously dropped off the face of the earth. Guess he didn't want to leave Florida after all. So please keep that situation in your prayers. I'm trusting God to take care of it, and I know He has a plan. I just wish I knew what it was! Other requests and praises:
  • My parents are on the road toward Anderson. Please pray that they have safe travels, enjoy their time with Abbey, and Mom has a safe flight home.
  • Giada's experiences with riding in the car have been, let's say, varied. One day, she's fine; the next, she's meowing like I'm poking her with a sharp stick. Please pray that she will be calm and quiet through three days in the car!
  • The church I've been to over the past two months is amazing. The people have been welcoming and so loving. Last week, I shared my experience and said thank you during the congregation's time of sharing and was so blessed by the many people who came up afterward to introduce themselves, wish me luck, and thank me for sharing. Thank God for such a wonderful place committed to His glory and spreading His love.
Giada is tearing around the apartment so I'd better go give her some loving. The next time you hear from me will probably be early next week before my internet is turned off. Hope everyone is doing well and actually reading this. :)

Love!

Beautiful fall colors from this year:

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm not sure I'd like pineapple in an omelette. But I'm picky! Cooking is really one of my favorite things, though. The whole process is so relaxing at the end of a long day for me, especially when I think I don't want to do it and I push myself to anyway. Let me know if you want to swap recipes or ideas!

Erica said...

I love fresh pineapple but still thought it might be funky. It wasn't; it was delicious!